Repair or Replace Corroded Windows?

I'm looking at some homes near the ocean. Some of the houses have windows with metal frames. Either the hinges or crank mechanisms are corroded. Can a contractor unfreeze these sticking or stuck windows with WD-40, punch out the rusted moving parts (and where does he get parts), or do we have to replace them with vinyl windows? The cost in Hawaii can reach $100/sq ft, for new, installed windows.

Reply to
Abe M.

I imagine they could be lubed to work again.

If you need parts:

"casement window hardware" or similar

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

If they are name brand windows, then they probably can be saved with replacement parts.

But consider high E double pane replacements to save some nice money on your cooling bills.

Reply to
DK