repair Coast Foundry Master mark IV ball cock assembly

My water line broke, after the fix, I ran a tub to clean out the line, but forgot that we had flushed the toilet, so it began to fill with the dirty water as soon as water was turned back on.

Now there is dirt/stone or something blocking the intaketo my toilet. A small amount of water comes through, but takes about 30 minutes to fill. The overflow water pressure line is fine.

How can I take this apart to clean it out? There aren't any screws at the top of the assembly. It appears to be one piece. Does it screw off? Snap off? how can I take the whole assembly out of the tank if needed?

(I'm not very skilled, but willing to try, to avoid the hassle, expense, of trying to find a plumber on the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, plus I work full-time, so can't be home during the week>)

Reply to
daylilly71

My water line broke, after fix, I ran water in the stationary tub to clean out the line. But forgot that we had flushed the toilet while the water was off. So when the water came back on, the tank began to fill with the dirty water. Now something (dirt/stone) is blocking the intake. The tank takes about 30 minutes to fill. (The overflow pressure is fine, it is not blocked.

How can I dissasemble this to clean it out? There are no screws on the stop of the assembly. Just a solid blue plastic top on the valve assembly. Does it screw off? Snap off? How do I remove the entire assembly from the tank, if needed?

I'm not very knowledgeable, but willing to try anything to avoid the expense and inconvenience of finding a plumber over the Thanksgivin(g holiday.)