Removing wallpaper

Recently while stripping some wall paper my wife ran out of DIF wallpaper stripper. Not wanting to run out and buy more fore the small area she had left she sprayed it with SIMPLE GREEN. IT worked better than the DIF. Much better. It only had to soak in a couple of minutes and the wallpaper came on much cleaner and easier.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D

Try water. It works the best, and costs nothing.

Reply to
<h>

Water :o)

Reply to
Norminn

Try laundry detergent, its the enzimes that loosen the glue.

Reply to
ransley

Hot water as in steam works quite well.

Reply to
"Blattus Slaf

Reply to
Jimmie D

Tried the water even hot water and it didnt work so great so we got a bottle of DIF. This seemed to be doing the job but the Simple Green worked even better with a limitation. Use it on a small area or it may affect the drywall.

Jimmie

Reply to
Jimmie D

Small = a square tthe width of the wallpaper.

Reply to
Jimmie D