Removing plywood glued to concrete floor

I need to remove about 60 square feet of 3/8" softwood plywood that's tightly glued from wall-to-wall to the concrete floor of a shed. Can anyone suggest a reasonably easy and/or efficient way to peel off the plies or remove the plywood in some other way?

Reply to
Darro117

I've never used one, but I've seen powered floor scrapers at the tool rental place. They're supposed to be able to get tile off, so they should work with glue and plywood.

Tell us more about what you're trying to accomplish. Maybe someone will have a better idea.

Reply to
SteveBell

What kind of finish? What will you replace it with?

Reply to
Norminn

I gotta ask- why would anyone glue plywood to a shed floor in the first place? Genuine question- I never heard of such a thing before.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Did you ever figure out a way to remove it? We're dealing with the same thing in a house we're remodeling. Someone glued plywood down to a concrete floor. They used a lot too, spread it like thinset. Then they put vinyl down over that and the result is bomb proof. We tried a floor scraper and it was ridiculously hard work, only got a few square feet up in several hours. We've also tried an air chisel, heat gun, and scoring it with a saw. Please let me know if you found anything that works. If yours is only in a shed I'd be very tempted to leave it.

Reply to
lmrentfro