removing DS tape from wood floor

Any ideas on how to remove double-sided tape from a hardwood floor without ruining the finish? There was carpet in the laundry room and i pulled it out because I didin't want moisture to build up under the rug. It was stuck with DS tape. There is about a three foot strp that is stuck really, really good. TIA.

Reply to
A.D.C

removing tape from hardwood floor. (0.31 seconds)

G Henslee

Both responses may do the trick. Also Goof Off or Goo Off or some such brand will also work.

The key, in my opinion. Is to try some in a spot that will not be seen. make sure what ever you use will not harm the finish.

Reply to
No

Naptha (lighter fluid). Scrape with a credit card.

Reply to
dadiOH