Removing chlorine from the shower - full-house filter?

I have enjoyed over the past few years using a chlorine filter that is fitted at my showerhead. The difference is significant - the water smells cleaner and more "natural". I am changing to a new showerhead that doesn't readily take a filter - would it make sense to install a whole-house filter? What should I look for in shopping for such a filter? Thanks!

Dilip

Reply to
Dilip Barman

It can get expensive filtering all the water in the house but your drinking water will improve also. . Yes, the whole house type of filter will work, but I'd put it in where the outdoor faucets are not filtered as you don't need filtered water for washing the car. There is not much room between the shower head and mixing valve so that would be difficult in most houses. You don't want it in the hot water only line as the filters are not designed for the high temperatures.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks. Are there any disadvantages, such as not having chlorine in the standing water in the toilets, and possibly diminished water pressure? What should I look for when I choose a whole-house filter, and about how much should I expect to spend? I wonder if a filter system just for the shower intake but installed under the bathroom in my crawl space may be a good option. Thanks!

--Dilip

Reply to
Dilip Barman

Since the difference is all in your head, all that matters is that you believe.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch