Removing a sink plug in bathroom?

In one of the bathrooms, there is a sink plug that is actuated by a handle between faucets. It works, however, it resists removal. I want to remove it because I want to clear the drain with sulfuric acid (the drain is plugged and I had great success with S.A. with other sinks).

So... How do I remove this plug without breaking anything?

Ignoramus12938

There's a good chance that when you remove the sink plug you'll find that hair has plugged the drain and that the plug causing the problem will come out with the drain stopper.

Many of these kinds of drain stoppers can be removed simply by twisting them about a quarter turn and lifting them out. On some stoppers it depends on how they were initially installed - one way they're removable by the twisting method, the other way the stem has to be removed in order to get the stopper out.

Sulfuric acid is good for dissolving hair plugs. If you use sulfuric acid and don't clear the plug, be sure to tell the plumber that you used it. Sulfuric acid likes to dissolve hair but it also likes to dissolve skin. :-)

Harry

Reply to
HarryS