Removeable Fence Panel

I would like to make one 8 foot panel of my six foot tall dog-eared picket fence removeable -- Any advice on how to do this? The vertical posts are 4 x 4 and the panel has a 2 x 4 horizontal at 2' and 5' height.

TIA

Reply to
1_Patriotic_Gal

"1_Patriotic_Gal" wrote in news:%Ae_b.4404$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Eye bolts or door hinges. Pop the pins when you need to remove the panel.

Reply to
lowspauld

My neighbor and I went together to put up the fence between our property and it sounds similar to yours. Ours has the 2x4 rails postioned between the posts, with the pickets alternating between the sides of the rails. That gives the fence the same look from both sides. The rails slide into metal brackets that are nailed to the sides of the posts. We intentionally used screws to hold the rails to the brakets in 2 sections so we could remove the screws and lift the section out.

Reply to
mwlogs
1 > I would like to make one 8 foot panel of my six foot tall dog-eared picket 1 > fence removeable -- Any advice on how to do this? The vertical posts are 4 1 > x 4 and the panel has a 2 x 4 horizontal at 2' and 5' height.

Reading the other responses the removeable hinge pins sounds the easiest for a once-or-twice a year doing. The fence section is relatively heavy and awkward so is definately a two-person job. Be sure to brace the section for support.

Another option may be to cut the section in half (bracing accordingly) to have two 4' sections. Hinge or otherwise connect as above (previous paragraph, when it was one 8' section). Two 4' sections may be easier to handle than one 8' section; definately weigh half as much!

  • Short Books: Popular Lawyers
Reply to
barry martin