Remote Pool Thermometer

Old mercury thermometer broke. Looking for a digital remote and see only one, AquaQuick, which seems to have lousy ratings. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Pointer

I have a Vio Products 11000 and the biggest problem is the battery connection in the floater (two AA). I am always screwing with it.

Reply to
gfretwell

A friend of mine has a wireless one. Don't know the brand, but will check for you.

Reply to
.

Checked and it's the same one that gfretwell has, the Vio one. It's been in service since the beginning of the season and so far is working fine. For the price, around $35, probably OK. I'd look at it as something that would probably last a couple seasons, maybe longer. It relies on a large O ring to seal the two halves together. Obviously any cheap electronics product that has to float in a pool will have issues at some point due to the environment.

Only other tip I can share is consider that you should have a clear line of sight line from the pool to the receiver. In the case here, that means teathering it to the far side of the pool opposite the house. If it floats closest to the house then the last foot of the pool which is above the waterline blocks the signal. From the performance of this one, I'd say about 50ft is max reliable range. Both displays, on the floating transmitter and the inside unit are easy to read.

Reply to
.

Reply to
Pointer