Refrigerator malfunctioning

This is a big GE side by side , computerized controls . The fridge side is too warm , and the flap that regulates the temp is closing before the compartment is cold . I'm wondering if it's the computer control or a malfunctioning servo motor on the flap . The control board has been replaced once before - caused by an ice maker supply line leak that flooded it . Freezer compartment is functioning (apparently) correctly . I have disconnected the flap servo and have the flap open to see if the fridge side will cool down , it appears to be convection as I can't find a fan . Any insights welcome ...

Reply to
Snag

The point has been rendered moot . Momma sez "we can afford a new fridge" so I'll be picking the new one up at Lowes in the morning .

Reply to
Snag

If the servo is closing the flap, it appears unlikely that the servo is the problem. Most likely it's the control board or a temp sensor.

Reply to
trader_4

If the fridge is not cold enough, set it to be colder. Problem solved.

Reply to
micky

In an HVAC class, I heard that if a fridge doesn't reach the right temperature, then stuff the fridge and freezer part with bags of ice. That will give all the mechanisms less stress.

Reply to
bruce bowser