Refinishing living room floors (carpet) - options for stairs

We have cheap carpet in our living room. This is also on the stairs.

We would like to put down pre-finished hardwood floors. What are options for the stairs? I imagine they are just plain pine boards. The stairs are loose and squeak..

Are hardwood stairs slick?

My stairs are also not straight. They have a 90degree spiral from the front door to the top level

Any suggestions??

Reply to
hombrewdude

Hardwood stairs are slick. I have them and hate them. I would carpet if it doesn't blow your scheme.

Reply to
beerguzzler50

Reply to
somedaysoon22

I like the carpet in the center look.

Is this something I can do myself?? Or do I need to call someone who does carpets?

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
hombrewdude