Refinish tub floor?

Hi All,

I'm prepping my house for sale. My bathtub is in great shape, except there are 200 or so 1" discolored circles on the tub floor where I guess some anti-slip product once was.

Try as I might I can't whiten the circles. I was thinking of refinishing the floor, but have heard tub painting is not a DYI job, though I've seen the refinishing kits at hardware stores.

Does anyone have advice for de-spotting my tub floor? Would painting the tub floor really be than difficult?

Thanks,

Burt

Reply to
Burt

I would suggest an a nice new anti-slip matt.

Second I might suggest one of the professional outfits. Most do a creditable job for not all that much money.

The real problem for you doing it yourself is first you need to get it prepped really well, which means you may have a problem with those spots, if they are very rough or raised. If they are smooth, and you are careful, you may be able to do an OK job.

Depending on the overall condition of your home and what buyers in your market might expect you will need to make your own decision about what to do.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan