Red Wire in Cileing light

.

I was reaching your view myself....

Particularly since practically EVERBODY has a digital camera now, and a couple of quick shots will save the "before" conditions in "living color".

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

So, the red wire gets connected to the camera !?

Reply to
volts500

I came for help, not some super electrical geek boy smart ass answer. but thanks

Doug Miller wrote:

Reply to
natetchuk

He sounds 100% right. It is hard us tell from here, but if you take a voltage tester and check, the black should be hot all the time and the red should be controlled by the switched.

I think you were mistaken about the original connection.

The fan should have the same 3 colors. Do red/red black/black white/white.

Reply to
Terry

I gave you help -- apparently you failed to notice this part:

From your description of the light's behavior, it's quite obvious that you do not have the wires connected the same way they were before.

Reply to
Doug Miller

If you think that that was a smart ass answer, DO NOT post in alt.hvac should you be unfortunate enough to have a heating or air conditioning problem in the future. Here's a preview: Call a qualified, licensed electrician. NOW you can call me a smart ass, thanks.

Reply to
volts500

You ever figure this out yet?

Reply to