Record sound on Samsung s5

I have a neighbor who frequently has something in their apt. that vibrates very loudly.
This often times goes on for hours.
I tried recording it with my Samsung s5, but it's microphone is not much better than 2 cans connected with a string.
Unless I can manually boost the sound in the sound file?
Any other ideas?

Look for a cheap cassette recorder at a Goodwill store.

Listen on headphones for quality SN ratio. If it sounds OK you should able to do so.
Greg

Try plugging headphone out to vintage stereo AUX.
Greg