re-upholster my sofa

I am in Northern California in the San Francisco bay area.

I wish to re-upholster my sofa. This sofa comes in 4 large removable cushions (both seated and backs). Each Cushion size is around 2.5' x 2.5'. I wish to make major re-furbish and replace inner springs too.

How much money am I into and where do I seek good work?

Reply to
adam young

if it was a cheap sofa rto buy originbally just replace it, upholestry shops charge big bucks because its a big job

Reply to
hallerb

Unless it is an excellent piece of furniture or you have your heart set on a particular fabric, it would be cheaper to buy a new one.

Look in the yellow pages for an upholsterer. Ask at the store where you buy the fabric.

Labor is very expensive and there is a good bit involved in this.

Reply to
Colbyt

Upholstery shop. If you can sew, you can do it yourself. Common, plain fabric like heavy cotton (not very soil resistant) or hurculon wear well. "Designer" or large-pattern fabric cost more because of waste. Usually not complicated, and supplies readily available. Get estimates.

Reply to
Norminn