time to ban electrial tape and flare.

Think of the children, if only one life can be saved it will be worth it. Call Congrees today.

Florida police search for suspect after two IEDs detonate at mall Two improvised explosive devices exploded inside a Florida mall on Sunday, police said.

Lake Wales police Deputy Chief Troy Schulze told reporters that the Lake Wales Fire Department received a call just before 5:30 p.m. about a possible structure fire at the Eagle Ridge Mall.

Schulze said when firefighters arrived at the scene they discovered an IED that ignited or detonated inside the service corridor as they went inside near the J.C. Penney. Schulze said they also found a bag contained what they believed to be other devices inside.

Police said the devices were flares wrapped in electrical tape inside a plastic pipe, according to Fox 13 Tampa Bay. Authorities detonated the flares, the station reported.

The Eagle Ridge Mall in Lake Wales, Fla. was evacuated Sunday evening. (Eagle Ridge Mall) Officials said the mall was evacuated and there were no injuries.

Investigators said they are looking for a person of interest, described as a middle-aged white man with a heavy or stocky build who was wearing a grey shirt and grey hat. The man's name was not released.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Lake Wales Police Department at (863)678-4223 or Heartland Crime Stoppers at (800) 226-8477.

Reply to
BurfordTJustice

How do you detonate a flare? Do they mean they took a few harmless flares and used high explosives to blow them up? Our tax dollars at work I suppose. This is as stupid as the people who lose their mind over dummy hand grenades. Don't they notice the fuse is painted blue and there is a huge hole in the bottom that clearly shows this is just a cast iron paper weight?

Reply to
gfretwell

Some flares are "self oxygenating" - they will even burn under water. If they are sealed into a plastic pipe, when they burn they will preasurize the pipe 'till it bursts - causing quite a commotion and some serious dammage to anyone close by. Not sure how they would light them in a sealed pipe - would have to have some sort of remote "detonator" - unless they used a screw on end and a fairly long fuse. Light the fuse, screw on the cap, and run like hell - - -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Instead, maybe we should *deport* all "middle-aged white men with a heavy or stocky build who wear a grey shirt and grey hat". ;-0

Reply to
Retired

That is pretty much Trump's entire base, good idea.

Reply to
Dove Tail

damn christian terrorists

Reply to
ZZyXX

There is an almost certainty that a PVC pipe would melt long before enough pressure built up for it to explode. This was a hoax and they fell for it. Hey guys, if you see a burning paper bag on the porch, don't try to stomp it out, it is full of shit, just like this story

Reply to
gfretwell

The fuse is what the spoon is mounted too and in integral part of the operation, It holds the hammer back but OK, you win.

Reply to
gfretwell

In this case the christian (I guess) cops. They blew up the device with an external charge.

Reply to
gfretwell

Profiling works.

Reply to
Meanie

I'm glad I'm an old white man who seldom wears any sort of hat.

Reply to
rbowman

Ahh, what the heck. They needed a break er practice.

Reply to
Tekkie®