Re-Cure Plaster

I posted a related message on 2-7, subject: Paint Problem. Thanks to all who responded.

To boil it down I painted a plaster wall and the paint did not bond to the wall. To give you an idea how bad it is I can put a peice of Blue Tape on the wall and when I pull it off the paint comes off with it. I have snce peeled off the paint that did not bond well to the wall. Oddly it was just the top half of the wall.

A local paint shop guy suspects the plaster has aged and needs to "re-cure". He suggested a mixture of water and vinegar wiped on the wall should do the trick. Does anyone have advice on this procedure? Does it work? Are there alternatives or better solutions?

Reply to
Leo