Re: Building permit after the fact?

Reply to
Larry Wilson

There was a car parked in our n'hood parking lot, about 200 feet from me, and after 2 or 3 weeks his tire was going flat. Our obnoxious at the time HOA was towing away cars with flat tires and apparently there was no one there, neither he nor a friend, to pump the tire up. So I did. A few weeks later it was going flat again. Maybe I pumped it up one more time but eventually the thought occurred to me, Maybe it was stolen and left here. But I didn't want to call the police and have them get the idea to come, look at it, and tow it.

So I wanted a pay phone. 4 years ago. There actually are 2 or 3 I know of, but they seem designed to call Latin America or the Carribean, and have special rates and billing methods.

So inspired by old movies, I went to a hotel. They didn't have a pay phone either, but I asked at the desk and she told me to just use the house phone. around the corner. Dial 9.

The police wouldn't tell me, but later that very day I was driving by a state police office, and I went in there. They told me it was not stolen.

I pumped up the tire one more time and left a note stuffed through a crack in the door. The car was gone a few weeks later, but he didn't call. I was curious who had parked here.

Reply to
micky

See what I wrote about calling from a hotel. Probably just dial 9 from a lobby house phone, and if that doesn't work, ask nicely at the desk. Tell them the truth, and smile. People are understanding and the truth is better than letting them imagine you're doing a drug deal.

Call another contractor and ask what happens, although that's not as good as the horse's mouth.

There are also regs that might be online, but reality often doesn't match regs, especially in situations like this. I wouldn't go by what the regs say.

And how to posts show up on AHR when there were two prior posts in the same thread that were not here?

Reply to
micky