RainX on interior glass?

Hello,

The suggestion has been posted here a couple times to use RainX to seal glass shower enclosures, to improve water shedding and help prevent hard water deposits. The bottle of RainX I bought recently says it is for use on "exterior glass". Is there a different product for interior glass? Or can I use this product without gassing myself? BTW, how long does an application usually last (2 showers/day)?

Cheers, Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Whitney

YMMV but the bottle of (exterior) RainX you're referring to should be good for several months if you don't squeegee.

There may be one but I don't know of an interior RainX.

Reply to
G Henslee

No, you were looking at the right stuff. Some people would use it on the inside of their car windows without that warning. Of course those are the ones that would not have read the warning. :-)

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I might add that those spray shower cleaner things, the ones you spray after your shower and don't wipe do much the same thing. If you have not tried one, you may want to try a bottle and see how you like it. It also works on the chrome, bath and tile.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I have used it on the interior of my windshield to eliminate fog and frost in the winter. It works just fine. I dont know what that warning is all about, Glass is glass. What the hell difference does it make.

Just more safety crap intended to scare people. The stuff dont even small all that bad, so I doubt it's toxic unless some idiot were to drink it.

Reply to
nb v

it may have that label because it contains uv inhibitors.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

So... Just how much of it did you drink?

rusty redcloud

Reply to
Red Cloud©

A friend just had her bathroom remodeled with very expensive unframed glass shower wall/door. The installer treated it with something very like rain-x, and mentioned that rain-z could be used. You can probably find his product at a place that sells/installs such shower walls.

Bob

Reply to
Bob