Rafter Vent experts

My nephew is installing Rafter vents in his new home and said he read conflicting pieces of advice. One said to put plastic between rafter vent and the roof sheathing and the other one said to put nothing. What is the correct way? Thanks in advance, Rick

Reply to
Randd01

You may need the plastic to keep the insulation from closing off the air circulation. In most uses you don't need, or want, them any where else.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I was thinking of installing those too. I'm sure it would help keep the blow-in insulation out of the soffit.

Reply to
Bart