R-22 vs. R410a (Puron)

You may be tired, but there's no trolling going on.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

For the specific application where it is used, there is nothing worse about 410-A. Whether we can cook up other applications where it is worse is immaterial. There is probably some scenario possible, some universe, where 410-A causes a planet to explode, but that would have no bearing on the systems in which it is used on our planet in our universe.

Reply to
hvacrmedic

Sorry, wrong anwer. Welcome to my killfile.

*PLONK*
Reply to
Noon-Air

But it *IS* true, it can and will happen.

Reply to
<kjpro

A leak can let water (and air, which is also bad) enter the system if the pressure inside the line is below atmospheric pressure. But how often does that happen?

A pressure of 0 PSI gage (15 PSI absolute) in an R-22 or R-410a system means that the evaporator is either at -40 degrees, or it&#39;s dry (no refrigerant flowing). This is not a normal operating condition for an air conditioning system.

In normal operation, the low side pressure is several times atmospheric pressure and any leakage is outwards.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Martindale

Are you tring out for idiot of the day?

Reply to
ftwhd

You better get some current training under your belt, before you start spewing shit about things you don&#39;t understand.

Moisture doesn&#39;t care if your system is operating under a vacuum or not.

Reply to
<kjpro

wrote

Ya, I know, that&#39;s what you keep saying. But you can&#39;t back it up. Like the second coming of Christ, I&#39;m still waiting...

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

snipped-for-privacy@cs.ubc.ca (Dave Martindale) wrote \\

Thank You!!