Quonset Door

Looking to install a door on the end panel of a galvanized metal quonset. The end panels are 3 ft wide sheets of 20 ga. galvanized metal and don't support any weight. Strength along the panels is basically the ribbed edges of each that are bolted to each successive panel.

Ideal is a metal 3 ft wide doorway, but difficult to find (not thin gauge residential, something similar to the panel metal). Failing that, then it's either residential wood or aluminum door. My biggest problem is how to affix to the end panels. I'm thinking some type of metal bracket that would slip and be MIG welded to the panels, then a full door + frame attached to that bracket. But I'm wondering about the support of the bracket/door within the panel.

Appreciate any help with this.

Reply to
Monroe