Question for Section 8 Landlords.

Do Section 8 renters requires more home repair and maintenance than non Section 8s? Also does the government require you to modify your building to their standards even though it meets local codes?

Reply to
Fred

In one recent case of mine, no! (advantage, rent was never late)

No. The government will do walk through with you and the tenant. The tenant must follow the Lease as in any other case. There is another inspection when the lease is re-newed. Items needing attention (routine wear and tear) must be corrected.

oren

No one ever used Google?

Landlord's Obligations: The role of the landlord in the voucher program is to provide decent, safe, and sanitary housing to a tenant at a reasonable rent. The dwelling unit must pass the program's housing quality standards and be maintained up to those standards as long as the owner receives housing assistance payments. In addition, the landlord is expected to provide the services agreed to as part of the lease signed with the tenant and the contract signed with the PHA.

-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 87 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try

for free now!

Reply to
Phil Cavarretta

Do you really want to be dependent on the government for anything?

So you don't claim rental propeety expenses on your tax returns because you don't want to be dependent on the deduction? Great! Finally, a fellow of principle.

Reply to
terphenyl

Reply to
Michael Baugh

I won't even consider renting Section 8.

My houses all meet the local building code for existing structures or will if they don't.

Do you really want to be dependent on the government for anything?

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt