Question for a worldly electrician

There's a thriving business in travel adapters for different sockets and plugs so that you can plug things in when you travel. Personally, I use something called "World Connect". See:

It's a bit heavy, but it's always matched the sockets in the hotel rooms in any country I've been in. The nice thing about computer power supplies and cell phone chargers these days is that they work just fine on 50-60 Hertz and 110-240 volts. Just plug them in via the adapter.

The first time I traveled to 220 volt Europe in the 1960s, I built an adjustable resistor box for my electric razor and set the output voltage by the sound of the motor. It was amazing that the motor didn't get fried.

Tomsic

Reply to
Tomsic

That's because the "Asian coffee shop" is supposed to be here in America.

No.

Reply to
dennisgauge