Question about sheetrock Estimate

I have an 1100SqFt space with 9' Ceilings that I need to have sheetrock and skim coated. I just received and Estimate for $12,000.00 and that seems a little high to me. Can anyone give me a rough idea of what something like this might cost? Any help is appreciated and thanks.

Reply to
gazamon

Yowsa! I just had 1200sq ft with 12' cathedrals, greenboarded and plastered for 5500$

Reply to
Brian V

Not intentionally, but I heard a local quote for sheet rock the other day. Since I know the person I ask and it was only to hang the board.

The quote was for 13 cent per sf of board hung...no skim coat. These were high ceilings (10ft). YMMV.

Oren

Reply to
Oren

Hmm.. 1100 could be 133 linear feet of wall. 9 foot ceilings makes

1197 square feet of wall, plus the ceiling, that's about 2300 square feet of rock. If 4x12 sheets will lay out right, that's 48 sheets, bare minumum. I haven't a clue how you'd lay out 4' sheets on a 9' wall.

I bought sheets for around $15. A friend had his place drywalled by pros who charged damn near what I bought the sheets for - let's say $20

- including materials. The price was so close I wondered why I went through the damn trouble to do it myself.

So, that's about a thousand bucks, absolute bare minumum, for a single perfectly square room with efficient usage of 1/2" 4x12 sheets. In the real world, expect the price to go up substantially. Either way, $12k sounds way high. I'd get another estimate.

-rev

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

Thank you all for your reponses.

Reply to
gazamon

Hi I do drywall among other things. Most SF (Square Foot) prices are very close from place to place. Im in Canada but I know US is very similar. Rough estimate on your part would be (without seeing it)

1100SF x 4 = 4400SF this would be very close to what you actually have in drywall. Contractors price to supply install and make ready for paint (Good contractor) 1.50 This should include clean up disposal..... 4400 x 1.50 = $ 6,600.00 This includes taxes and all.

the only things that would make it extra are special features like half inch reveals or around door chamfers or lots of bulkheads or beed work in where the tapers work is cut out for him. If theres new to existing well its a &(^&%( so iwould make worth my while as well and maybe add

1200 bucks.

but not 12000 dollars unless your small place is ritzy.

Reply to
Tasherra