Question about furnace filter - Carrier Infinity 96

In article , " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" writes: |> Yes I have an Infinity Control but the reminder is based on timing and |> not on whether it senses the filter is dirty or not.

Are you sure? The manual is a bit confusing. I have the zone version SYSTXCCU1Z01. But if one digs through the manual, it is not time based.

Quoting from page 14 of the Home Owner's Guide:

The maintenance cycle for MEDIA or EAC + MEDIA is based on actual airflow restriction which is automatically detected by the system.

Quoting from page 13 of the Installation Manual:

If MEDIA or MEDIA + EAC is installed in the indoor unit, the system will perform a static pressure check of the system every 24 hours at 1:00PM to monitor filter accumulation (True Sense Dirty Filter Detection) or whenever power is applied to the system or the system is transitioned from Off to Cool or Heat modes. The blower will run at medium air flow for one minute.

|> How much do you pay for your filters? This filter is SO much bigger |> than the ones in our old furnace that we are worried about cost.

It is an Aprilaire. I keep forgetting to dig out the receipt. But it didn't cause me to gasp. I think in the $30 range.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Mech

Well I guess I don't know if we have MEDIA installed. Other than asking my installer is there a way I can find out?

Reply to
googlemail2003

I used to wedge small strips of plastic in with the bead so it presses tighter. Tape may work too, just never tried it.

Reply to
Robert Mech