Quest. For Any (room) A/C Experts

Hello:

Not too sharp with this stuff:

We recently purchased a 5,500 Btu room air conditioner for our bedroom; window mounting. The typical unit and configuration that hangs outside a window.

The mounting instructions are pretty specific regarding mounting only their way; apparently to provide a proper downward slope to the unit.

This downward slope, I guess, allows the accumulated condensate water in the inside of the case to splash over the condenser coils and thus provide a bit more cooling to them. Right ?

Anyway, for a variety of reasons, I cannot provide the downward angle they want. The case will end up with a very slight downward slope, or actually horizontal.

How significant, in your opinion, do you think this will effect the performance of the unit ?

Much thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Not much.

You need to have the downward slope to make sure the condensate and rain water doesn't come inside.

Reply to
HeatMan