Quarter Pipe

As I was saying yesterday....

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

What does your home owner's insurance say about that? They tried to cancel me over this "pool slide"

gfretwell

The insurance never found out about it. And to tell the truth I never thought much about it either. IThat quarterpipe stayed in our garage except when it got wheeled out onto the driveway for use.

Actually I didn't really intend to post that here, I was sending it as an email to my next door neighbor, who moved there many years after tha quarterpipe was gone but not forgotten.

Yesterday we happened to be discussing the beautiful tree house he built for his little kids over the last year, and I mentioned that the only similar project I'd done for my kids was that quarterpipe and I'd email him some photos of it.

I forgot that my SeaMonkey browser was still looking at alt.home.repair when I clicked "compose" pulled the neighbor's email address up, wrote my one line message, added the link and clicked "send". So the message went to both the neighbor and this newsgroup.

I've GOT to be more careful, as it's not the first time I've done that accidental newsgroup posting of what was intended to be a private email.

I'd hate to think about what embarrassment I could cause myself or someone else if something ultra personal got away from me that way. I'd probably have to get divorced again or move to another planet.

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

I liked you sig. Many year ago, I worked summers as a toll collector on the Delaware Memorial Bridge and would answer the question to folks from Jersey who asked how far it was to Delaware park in furlongs.

Reply to
Frank

They're the one group which might like an answer like that. But in practice, how did they react?

Reply to
micky

I'm not sure children can breathe at that altitude.

Reply to
micky