Quality of Hot Water Heatersa

I need to replace my gas fired hot water heater. Where can I find a website or other sources that evaluate the quality of them? Any recommendations for good quality hot water heaters?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

How do I choose a gas fired water heater for my house?

Reply to
Mike

Ran across some web sites promoting tankless water heaters. they look pretty good, but I don't know anything about them.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I'm just guessing here, but this sounds like what we in the UK would call a "multipoint" heater, (which is a combi boiler without the ability to heat the radiators).

This would consist of a gas burner that heats the incoming water instantaneously when flow is detected by a switch. The advantage is that they are cheap and reliable. The disadvantage is that without any storage, the flow rate is limited to the power of the burner and there is a slight delay as the burner ignites and warms up the gubbins. They typically gives enough flow for a good shower, but not enough to fill a bath very quickly, or run two outlets at once.

Of course, they might be something completely different.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Habitat for Humanity in Charleston SC, USA area has installed electric versions - one per three house with 2 bathrooms, laundry, & kitchen with dishwasher. No complaints over the last year.ype

Tom Baker Charleston

Reply to
Tom Baker

I replaced mine 3 years ago and just bought the cheapest name brand (GE or rheem?) for approx $100. Home depot said they are basically the same, you are just paying for extended warranty on the more expensive models. I have the anode rod in mine and there is almost no rust when I flush it even after

3 years.

Reply to
Martik

Yes, I believe that's it.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I located two models on Lowes website: no brand names $475.00 and $1,075.00. Unfortunately, I'm getting water in front of the warer heater. Si I need to do simething now.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Plumbing sales guy at HD told me the same thing.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Why do you want to heat hot water?

Reply to
Oscar_lives

Obviously looking for a 'boiler'.....

Reply to
Pipeline9000

anybody else see the foot prints here :)

Reply to
kenny b

only of oscar the scum bag low life child molester , the gay boy who should be dead

Reply to
mark Ransley