pvc to drain pipe connect problem

guys,

i removed my old vanity & installed a pedestal sink, i need to cut the metal drain because its too long, now the drain pipe has no thread, i dont know how to pu ta new thread on the drain pipe, is it possible for me to just connect a PVC P-TRAP directly into the metal drain pipe without making a thread? i badly need help here

thanx

:oops:

Reply to
zackde

I R Baboon

How long will this last?

I snaked out the sink drain in my childrens bath and busted through the metal pipe. I was wondering how to fix it myself.

Reply to
bubba

yes!

i was thinking all night & it came to my mind about that rubber boots

thanks again

Reply to
zackde

i was redoing the plumbing in my house in the basement bathroom. there was a date etched in the concrete of 1983. busted through the concrete floor. when i got to the drain pipe that was buried, there was one of those boots on it. so they at least last 20 years :D

Reply to
I R Baboon