PVC question

I have a few hundred feet of electrical underground PVC, 2.5". Can I use this for water pipe? Mainly, it would be a RV drain pipe, therefore no pressure. Would it be okay and hold with just Red Hot Blue Glue?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Should be OK for a drain.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Allowable or not....... I've been using sunlight resistant 1/2", 3/4" & 1" Carlon PVC electrical conduit for sprinkler piping for about 20 years.

I've had no problems....seems to work just fine.

Considering Schedule A (the thin crappy stuff) was used by my landscaper in 1980 and has failed numerous times. due to shovel blows, tree roots and sunlight damage.

I switched to the conduit and never a failure.

Installs have been in SoCal.

btw....I never use the Christy's Red Hot (that blue stuff) Of all the PVC joints I've done, only failures have been with the blue stuff.

According to a Weld-On rep I met at a trade show....the strongest PVC joints are made with primer and the clear glue. Sizes in the 1/2 to 1" range can be pressurized in 2 hours at reasonable cure temperatures.

YMMV

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

Get the right cement from your electrical distributor. Maybe even a box store. In my experience there seems to be little difference between that and standard water pipe PVC cement, so for your purpose, either should work fine. And the gray conduit will make a dandy drain.

Joe

Reply to
Joe