PVC pipe problem ..what is best for "bonding"??

I have a PVC pipe that comes directly out of the side of my house...about 6 inches off the ground,from my bathroom for water outlet (sink,toilet,shower),,,its sticks out about 6inches or so...a few weeks before I bought the house...the real estate company had the mower man doing his rounds.(repe home)...and he completely whacked the pipe off. When I purchased the home..the home inspector said was easy fix..just fit some slightly pvc pipe into the original. Ive done that..its a "snug fit"..but still some droplets of water leakage. I tried numerous glues..bonding..etc...but none work it seems. Any suggestions?..or good bonding compounds to prevent the leakage of water? thanks!

Reply to
mrbreeze

I have a PVC pipe that comes directly out of the side of my house...about 6 inches off the ground,from my bathroom for water outlet (sink,toilet,shower),,,its sticks out about 6inches or so...a few weeks before I bought the house...the real estate company had the mower man doing his rounds.(repe home)...and he completely whacked the pipe off. When I purchased the home..the home inspector said was easy fix..just fit some slightly pvc pipe into the original. Ive done that..its a "snug fit"..but still some droplets of water leakage. I tried numerous glues..bonding..etc...but none work it seems. Any suggestions?..or good bonding compounds to prevent the leakage of water? thanks!

Reply to
mrbreeze

Did you use the cement made just for PVC? And the primer?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hi, Youre' not qulified to own a house, LOL. Used proper cememt and primer made for PVC? I guess it won'r work well when wet. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Get the blue stuff called wet and dry. Work fast, it sets in about 10 seconds

Reply to
gfretwell