Pumping out Underground Oil Tank

On Saturday, September 19, 2009 at 9:25:31 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

heres why. you fail to disclose the tank, and 10 years later the property is sold again, a helpful neighbor reports to the new owner hey there used t be a tank there.
you will be on the hook for investigation of the issue, soil tests etc etc digging up the entire area.
probably cost at least 10 grand, and you will be sued...........
its not worth the risk
On Friday, February 3, 2017 at 10:41:51 PM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:

Aside from the fact that the post is ancient, what the poster questioned was why you have to disclose that a tank was once there if it has been properly removed. I'd say the answer to that is that you don't, unless your state has a law that specifically requires it,

I would think that even if you had a tank, failed to disclose it, after 10 years you may be off the hook. They do have statute of limitations for various claims. Also, to prevail, the other party would have to prove you knew about it. How lucky do they feel in spending the money to try to prove what they claim you knew 10 years ago?
On 02/04/2017 12:15 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Yes! Do what any good democrat politician would do. If caught, lie your way out of it.
Repeat after me:
"What difference at this point does it make?"
"I have no recollection of any oil tank on this property."
On 2/4/2017 9:24 AM, Bill and Hillary wrote:

Democrats take lying to a whole new level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpa-5JdCnmo

On Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 12:15:30 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

as long as you have the tank properly removed with all the inspections and certifications necessary. then you might as well disclose it.
the problem is many people wouldnt do the job right and leave a environmenal hazard for a later property owner to clean up.
bob haller wrote:

"We went away for the weekend to visit a sick aunt whom the doctors diagnosed with Chastic Fibrosis (a disease usually found in Star-Faced Moles) that limited her ability to tie her shoes even though she mostly wore thong sandles and when we returned home, exhausted yet somehow invigorated, possibly because we spent the week breathing the ammonia cloud from the hundreds of chickens our aunt kept pinned next to the house because she ate at least two dozen eggs every day which the doctors were certain had no bearing on her disability, we found this big honkin' hole in our backyard!
On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 05:19:46 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

All I am doing right now is looking to get the excess oil out of the tank. If I eventually decide to have it removed, the professionals I hire will be taking care of getting a permit, etc.
My thinking is that a 5 gallon oil leak is cheaper to clean up than a 500 gallon leak.
snipped-for-privacy@mickymall.com wrote:

Depending on it's age there is probably a fair amount of sludge and rust in the bottom. It's added work for them to filter that and dispose of the oil. Would you buy old oil from some guys tank for your new burner? And a fly buy night Craig's list person will not totally pump it clean and leave you the crap in the bottom you still have to dispose of. You may even have state environmental fees to get the tank removed after you empty it.
Where are you located? I maybe able to help... snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com www.mhtank.com