Protecting Hardwood Flooring

What have you folks found to work the best for protecting hardwood (not modern laminate) floors from being scratched or marred by furniture feet of different shapes and sizes?

Self-sticking felt? (recommended thickness?) Plastic or rubber cups? Both?

tia

Reply to
Justin Case

We use 1-inch diameter felt 3/16 to 1/4 inch thick stick-on gliders on dining room chair legs, and special non-marring rubber caster wheels on desk swivel chair. These nonabrasive caster wheels were sold by the office furniture store that sold me the chair.. There are also some newer technology, expensive, solid teflon gliders for heavy stuff like sofa legs, but I haven't tried them. Find them at Home Despot. For chairs, avoid the chrome gliders - they really grind on the floor, if there is any dirt on it.

Reply to
Roger

I found that Felt-Gard offers the best protection.

Reply to
TOM KAN PA