Propane Space Heater Advice Needed

Hi,

I bought a Comfort Glow 10k-20k ventless heater for my living room. I made a mistake and bought a unit without a thermostat. My plan is to use the heater to take the chill out of my living room on very cold days. I'm wondering if I would be getting up every 5 minutes to turn the heater off or should I sell what I have and buy a unit with a thermostat. Unfortunately I can't return the unit.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Trader

I would sell it and buy a vented unit! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Greetings,

You will, of course, be happiest with a unit containing an thermostat. However, before you sell it please listen to what I do with mine. I have a natural gas 10-30k ventless adjustable heater. Once it gets cold enough I turn it on and let it run 24-7. It doesn't make enough heat for the whole house so the oil burner (at 60% eff) takes up the slack. It is, of course, warmer in the room with the space heater than the rest of the house but I live with it. It is NEVER a problem for me and it cuts down on heating bills because ventless space heaters are 100% efficient. You might even consider putting it in the basement below your living room if you have a finished basement and the living room is too hot with it and too cold without it.

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William Deans