propane lines and fittings

Are compression fittings acceptable to use on propane lines (2 psi and

11'' w.c.)? If not, are the hardware variety flare fittings acceptable, or does propane use some goofy angle, like refrigeration? Thanks. For what its worth, I am a skilled do-it-yourselfer, but Have only worked with black iron pipe. Thanks
Reply to
wh349055

Before I would say yes, it would really depend on what the application was. Inside of a wall, definitely not.

Reply to
SQLit

the application is for propane distribution at the tank regulator, and where the appliance is. It would not be covered up.

Reply to
wh349055

the application is for propane distribution at the tank regulator, and where the appliance is. It would not be covered up.

Reply to
wh349055

Compression "ought" to be adequate, but code probably requires flare; yeh, the hardware store variety.

I suggest you contact your building department and ask them.

Reply to
toller