Preventing condensation on window AC unit bottom

I have a window AC unit in a 2nd story window right above a sliding door onto a deck. There is no other suitable window in the room the unit cools. I've run a hose from the drain hole on the rear of the unit to handle most of the condensation (which is substantial) however condensation still forms on & drips from outside of the bottom of the unit, especially toward the front where the evaporator is. Droplets form there over an area about 6" x

10". I'm wondering if there is some thick, brushable material I could paint on the exterior of the bottom in this area to insulate the pan & prevent condensation from forming there. Any ideas?

TIA

Dan

Reply to
Dan