Pressure treated wood

I've just finished building a 4'x12' picnic table of 2x8, 10 & 12" PT (ACQ) lumber. I would like to stain it, but it's still quite damp with the chemicals. How long should I wait before applying stain? TIA

Reply to
PanHandler

Do you like eating food off of chemical laden wood? Just something to think about when food comes in direct contact with it.

As for the stain, I'd wait a couple of months at best. Perhaps it will give some protection from the chemicals in the wood.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Actually, we normally use cups, glasses and plates. :-)

Sounds reasonable. What made me ask is that the wood actually 'bled' moisture when drilled and compressed by the bolts for assembly.

Thanx for the reply.

Reply to
PanHandler