Precharged "Therm-X-Trol" Tanks

We are aware that using expansion compensating tanks on domestic hot water heaters eliminates problems. Premature tank rupture, and

==> Are they saying that an expansion tank might have prevented the water from spraying out of my water heater at the drain valve? Or some other kind of rupture? Do expansion tanks really protect the main tank?

I've never had any problem afaik, and the house has had two tanks fail in 28 years. Regular expansion tanks are not precharged, right? And they say that is the key word.

Reply to
mm