Pre-Emergent on Sod-Ready Soil?

I'm about to lay some sod and already notice greenery growing up in the soil prepared for the lawn. The RoundUp label says I can spray and plant a day later, so I'll probably go that route. But I'm wondering whether it'd be a good idea to sprinkle some pre-emergent down on the bare soil *before* I lay the sod?

-Fleemo

Reply to
fleemo17

Why would you do anything at all? The soil should have been recently tilled and any small stuff just sprouting is going to be smothered by the sod. It can't grow through it.

Reply to
trader4

Hmmm, passing neighbor said just the opposite, that the stuff sprouting on the surface would grow right through the sod. Your comment makes sense, but after all this work, time and expense, I'm just tryin' to cover all my bases. I hate the "Ya know what you *should have done*..." comments that follow every home improvement project. :/

-Fleemo

Reply to
fleemo17