Pre cast concrete stairs

Could anyone tell me where or who I can find precast concrete stairs that I've seen on different home shows. The kind that a contractor digs a hole next to the foundation wall, cuts a hole in the wall and then bolts them to the wall? Anyone have any experience with this? Lou

Reply to
loupark

Only concrete stairs I have seen in my area are in the mobile home industry. Have you looked in the yellow pages under Precast Concrete?

Reply to
SQLit

On 8/20/2005 2:49 PM US(ET), snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

I have one. I don't know where the concrete foundation contractor gets them. If this is not going to be a DIY project, call one in your area and find out what it would cost to install one. You are going to need specialty saws and heavy equipment anyway.

Reply to
willshak

The brand name I see in most of the trade magazines is Bilco. They may have a list of contractors who do business in your area.

Here is a short article about the process:

DanG

Look in the Yellow Pages for Masonry Supplies. There is one about every 50 miles or so it seems, to cover that area.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski