Popping in sprinkler head

I have a head in line with 4 other heads. It's in the middle. When the sprinkler system turns on, this head "pops" like it's getting rid of air. It's the only one that does it. Could I have a leak or break just before or at this sprinkler head? I took the head off and it's clean.

Reply to
TC

Does no water come out, does water come out with complete head removed. If water comes out with head removed and you can see into the pipe its the head

Reply to
m Ransley

Water comes out with the head both on or off.

Reply to
TC

If water comes out after the air it is the high point and is just venting the last of the air, if you had a leak you would have no or little pressure since they are inline. I only worry if water output is reduced.

Reply to
m Ransley