Poor Water Pressure at Tub/Shower

My daughter lives in a condo (out of state) and has hardly any water flow in the tub and shower. Her sink and kitchen pressure is OK and she says her neighbors don't have a problem. I'm thinking the problem might be with the tub valve since flow is OK elsewhere. Pipe is galvanized. Will appreciate suggestions.

Reply to
Ed

Either the galvanized pipe is clogged, or the vale is not letting water pass. If it is a cartridge type of valve, just replace the cartridge. Or clean out something clogging it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Odds are the galvanized pipe is part of the problem. However, you may be right about the tub/shower valving. There should be an access panel behind it where you can check for ordinary things like a crimped line before getting into the valve assembly. Ask if there is a local hard water problem.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

You don't say if this is a new problem, or if she has always had this problem.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Is it a single lever shower faucet? Usually the cartidges could get sticky or plugged up.

Reply to
Mikepier