Pool Cove

I am replacing my 15 year old above ground 30x15 pool. As with the old pool the manufacturer recommends sifted earth for the cove. My old pool aluminum wall rotted out from the soil. I have read other manufactures manuals that say to put PE sheathing behind the cove against the wall. I know the pros but any cons to this method. I was wondering if it will still tamp and pack as well with the sheathing behind it. Appreciate any input.

Reply to
Ron