Poly-butylene Lawsuit and Broken Pipe Under Concrete

Hello all, I was looking for some suggestions on what to do about a broken pipe I have which appears to have a break under the concrete walkway to my house. The break being under the concrete and not accessible from the crawlspace has made this a conundrum for me. Anybody have any ideas like boring or the like? The pipe is the main line from the sewer to my house.

Also, I believe the pipe is poly-butylene because it is blue. And I am told there was a lawsuit in terms of being able to replace this pipe free of charge. However, when I called the lawsuit line, they said

1) they don't think it is poly-butylene, and two) the lawsuit only covers 1978-1995.

Can anybody tell me how to positively identify poly-butylene and does anybody know of how I can still qualify for this lawsuit?

Thanks, David Williams

Reply to
savespace2001