Pneumatic nailer advice

I am thinking about buying a pneumatic nailer and am trying to decide whether to buy a straight 16 gauge finish nailer or an angled 15 gauge finish nailer (haven't seen any angled 16 gauge ones). In the near future I will be using it for installing floor molding (including quarter round). Will the 15 gauge nailer split the quarter round? It seems like an angled nailer is more useful (albeit more expensive as well) and if I'm going to spend some money, I might as well get the most bang for the buck.

Thanks

Reply to
tmatusaitis

Very little difference in diameter between 15/16, and you can get variety of lengths. To me the angled head, giving flexibility in nailing angle, was the clincher.

HTH, J

Reply to
barry

I own a lot of air nailers and most of mine are Stanley Bostitch, because the parts are easy to get and I can replace them. IF I had to give up all my nailers and only keep one it would be the SN60FN which is an angled finish nailer. That's my favorite and the one I use most.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Joey

I've got a Bostitch N62FNK-2. It's a 15 gauge angled finish nailer. It's a very nice nail gun. Get and angled gun. You won't be sorry you did!

Reply to
J.A. Michel