plumbing - water source pipe to the new house

Hello, I ran a Poly pipe from the meter location to the vicinity of my new house (foundation at the moment, unincorporated King County, WA) and need to decide where to terminate it (before my dirt guys take off). Does anyone know if Poly pipe (mine is 1 1/2") can get inside the foundation perimeter before it turns into whatever else the plumber uses (copper or PEX)? Are there some rules as to where the main shut-off valve should be? Should I just penetrate the foundation wall and get it to the crawl-space from where the plumber will take over? (provided it will be under the underground water freezing level)? Ideas or some pointers to related regulations are more than welcome. Thx

Reply to
Martino

I have 1" blue poly coming in my house. It comes in the basement as poly pipe, goes directly in to the water meter, and is copper after that.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Yes, run it thru the foundation. The shutoff can be installed inside at a location that you'll be able to get at. I would put a plastic sleeve over the pipe where it passes thru the foundation. Use silicone caulk to seal any gaps around it.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Reply to