Plumbers trick needed

I am trying to replace the cup seals and springs in a single handle

delta tub faucet and the seals are behind the ball stem but they are towards the top inside and when placing the seals in the holes/ports they drop out before I can get both cold/hot replaced and get the stem back in. Is there something I can use to hold them in place before i can get the ball stem in.

Reply to
garyswri

Bread? If you wedge some white bread in there it might hold, then when H2O is introduced the bread will just dissolve.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Dab of petroleum jelly

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I would use silicone grease, myself, to preclude the possibility of petroleum jelly eating away any rubber or latex items in the assembly. Silicone grease is also food safe, and generally handy to keep around for anything used around food.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Doubt that tiny bit would matter, but use something else. Mayonnaise or ketchup will work just as well for the little tension needed. Anything that is kind of pastey or goopy.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

But that is a hydrogenated oil and would be banned in NYC.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You need to be quicker with the balls. If you still cant get it in, go see a doctor. :)

Seriously, a plumber will use "PLUMBERS GREASE". Buy it right in the plumbing dept. at your hardware store.

Reply to
fred.flintstone

LMAO! i HOPE you're kidding.

Reply to