plug-in GFI's?

> I'm looking for an isolation transformer for repairing small (less

>> than 1000W) power supplies.  I see loads of them on ebay and some are >> medical grade and inexpensive. Are these usable for what I want? > > >Yes, they are. In terms of shock hazard, you can use a GFI to >the 1000W unit, and a small isolation transformer to run your >oscilloscope, and get the same kind of result. The best isolation >transformers >are made for RF passthrough protection, or medical equipment >uses, and will work well for the less-demanding electronics workbench >even when they're 40 years old... so buying a used one makes sense.

Do they make plug-in GFI's? Like they make plug in surge supressors and plug-in adapaters from 3 pin plugs to 2 slot receptacles, it should be easy to make a plug-in, point of use GFI, but I havent' come across one.

Reply to
mm

I have Woods Wire and Shock Shield indoor models almost 20 years old. They can normally be found at Home Depot, next to the outdoor extension cords. Here are some:

do_not_spam_me

Wow. Just what I meant. I guess I don't spend as much time browing in HD as I thought I idd. 16 in white, 18 in yellow. And another one in yellow for 12. And others.

Thanks a lot.

Reply to
mm