Plastic Insert in toilet tank

In my toilet tank there is a plastic thing that looks like the bottom half of a milk jug. It surrounds the flapper and overflow pipe. Because of this thing, only half the water goes down per flush. Of course this is one of those toliets that needs to be flushed twice. I'm thinking of removing that thing so ALL the water goes down per flush. I already drilled a few 3/8 inch holes in the side to allow more water to go down, but in the short time the flapper is open, not all the water drains thru those holes. Is there any reason not to remove it? I suppose the tank has to come off to get it out, or maybe a utility knife can just cut it to the bottom of the tank.

Pete

Reply to
petegermans

Hi, If you remove it, it becomes ordinary toilet. You have two stage flush one to conserve water.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

So????

Reply to
Lou

You crap every time you use a toilet? Time to see a doctor...

RicodJour

I cut mine out after installing it to increase flush pressure.

--Jeff

Reply to
Jeff B

The toilet police will get you if you remove it.

Besides, that's a landing wharf for the Tidy Bowl Man......

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab